Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fish Stew


Brrrrrrrrr. It is a chilly September day in the Queen City, coming on the heels of a near 90-degree day yesterday. I don't mind the cooler weather...but at this moment I am not quite ready to put the toes up yet. In addition, I need at least 30 days relief between the air conditioning and heat...we used to have something called fall. What happened to that? Those days with the windows open and the breeze wafting in? 

As soon as I got up and felt the chill in the air I knew I was making some type of soup with dinner. Comfort foods are one of the things I enjoy most about the cooler months. I debated about making chili, which is one of my absolute favorites. But I decided to prepare a fish stew instead.

It was exactly what I needed. There was just enough kick to open up my sinuses and it warmed me all the way to my freshly painted toes.


Fish Stew

4 tbsp olive oil
1 c chopped yellow onions
1/4 c celery
3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 c fresh tomato, chopped
8 oz fish (or chicken) stock
2/3 c dry white wine (or coconut milk)
1 1/2 lb fish fillets (cod, halibut, sea bass) cut into pieces
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp curry powder
Salt and pepper, to taste

Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion and celery and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add parsley and tomato and cook 2 minutes longer.

Add liquids and fish and simmer until fish is cooked through, approximately 10 minutes. Add seasonings and cook for 5 minutes longer. Serve. 

All photographs are actual pictures of the recipe listed, prepared by Sweet Treats 'n Good Eats, and cannot be used without the owner’s consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment