Sunday, February 5, 2012

Shrimp and Angel Hair Pasta


I had a light breakfast and am starving! I was craving some shrimp today but was not sure how I was going to prepare it when I finally decided on some pasta. I kept debating about how or where I was going to spend my SuperBowl Sunday...but my sister was here this week and she has been sick. And after a few days of being cooped up in the house with her, guess who is sick now? So my SuperBowl party plans have turned into a party of one.

I have not watched the entire game since I am not a fan of either team; but I am catching bits and pieces and enjoying some of the commercials. I am a huge Madonna fan but must admit that I was not overly impressed with the half-time show, though she looks fantastic and the graphics were amazing.

What I am looking forward to is the season opener of The Voice...that is, if I can stay awake that long.


Shrimp and Angel Hair Pasta

3 oz uncooked angel hair pasta
10-12 raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 tsp salt 
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 c broccoli florets
1/3 c sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 c yellow onion, chopped
1/2 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
2 tsp fresh parsley
2 tsp chopped green onion, optional
Grated Parmesan cheese, optional

Cook pasta according to package directions.

Season shrimp with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet and cook shrimp for 3-5 minutes or until pink. Remove from pan and set aside.

Heat remaining olive oil in the skillet and stir-fry the broccoli, mushrooms, garlic and onion for 5 minutes. Add wine (or broth) and parsley. Return shrimp to the skillet. Drain pasta and add to shrimp mixture. Toss lightly. Cook until heated through. 

Garnish with Parmesan cheese or green onion.


All photographs are actual pictures of the recipe listed, prepared by Sweet Treats 'n Good Eats, and cannot be used without the owner’s consent.

1 comment: