Monday, December 27, 2010

Sweet Potato Fries


You can really get into a lot of trouble eating around the holidays, particularly when you have nothing to do, which is my situation at this very moment. I was all set to make my dinner and planned on making a baked sweet potato to go along with my meal. And then it hit me...the overwhelming urge to have some sweet potato fries! I'm not going to tell you what I'm having for dinner because sweet potato fries don't go with this meal one bit. But I am having a craving so sweet potato fries it is.

Yes, I know the blog is mainly about sweets and baked goods but don't be so technical...I am baking them in the oven...they do have the word sweet in them...and the site is virtually everything sweet so that does leave me a bit of wiggle room.

I have a ton of kitchen gadgets and have a really basic fry cutter that comes in handy. But since I am bored this evening, I am going to cut mine the old fashioned way. However, if you have a burning desire to make fries on a regular basis, you can purchase a Progressive International Vegetable/French Fry Cutter through Amazon and shorten this process.


Sweet Potato Fries

1 large sweet potato
1 tbsp coarse kosher salt
2 tsp ground pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
Dash of paprika
1 tbsp vinegar or apple cider vinegar, optional

Wash the sweet potato well to remove any debris from the skin. Cut off the ends, discard, and cut the potato into small strips, as equal in size as possible. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika.

On a large baking sheet covered with non-stick foil or parchment paper, arrange the potatoes evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until crisp. Once the fries are done, remove from the oven and toss with vinegar.


All photographs are actual pictures of the recipe listed, prepared by Virtually Everything Sweet, and cannot be used without the owner’s consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment