Friday, December 31, 2010

Salmon Dip


I absolutely have no excuse for sneaking this dip recipe into my dessert blog so I am not going to make one up. I just felt like it. We're doing more of that in the new year. It was just so darn good that I thought it warranted some recognition.

You can almost always find a good dip at a holiday, birthday or sports gathering. My favorite dip is the spinach dip, which I go to Cheddar's to get and eat two or three of by my lonesome...it is so addictive. But I decided to try this salmon dip after having a similar dip at a birthday party recently.

This is a hectic week with projects to finish up with work, people to entertain for the holiday and loads of cooking and baking to do! Why didn't I think to shut business down for the rest of the year so I could be off like everyone else? Since I didn't, I am trying to keep things really simple. Otherwise I will be so tired that I won't be able to enjoy the festivities.

It doesn't get much simpler than this. Poach the salmon and dump everything else in. This dip turned out wonderfully! So much so that I have gone to the fridge to eat some on...well, I don't have to tell everything. It's really good...you gotta try it!

Salmon Dip

2 c salmon, finely chopped
8 oz cream cheese
1 tsp liquid smoke
1 tsp minced onion
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp pepper

If you use fresh salmon, poach salmon in 2 cups of white wine for 10 minutes. Then finely chop the salmon after it has cooled.

Bring cream cheese to room temperature or microwave at a medium setting for 2 minutes or until softened. Stir until the cream cheese is smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Dip can be served hot or cold. If you prefer warm dip, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place dip in oven for about 15 minutes. Serve with melba toast, crackers, tostada chips or on a baguette.


All photographs are actual pictures of the recipe listed, prepared by Virtually Everything Sweet, and cannot be used without the owner’s consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment