Thursday, September 22, 2011

Shiitake Mushroom Soup


Ugh! I’m getting sick. This weekend the weather turned from 90° to 60° overnight and I feel like crap. Headache, sneezing, eye pain, stuffy nose, stuffy head, earache. So I decided to try the age old chicken broth remedy. I am not in the mood for chicken noodle. So I tried my version of a mushroom shiitake soup. The reason it is “my version” and not just mushroom shiitake soup is because I did not have any shiitake mushrooms. So it is technically mushroom soup but…who’s checking?

This soup is incredibly quick and easy to make. Now if this cold would go away as easily…

Shiitake Mushroom Soup

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 clove of garlic finely chopped
1 small yellow onion diced
2 c fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
1 c button mushrooms, sliced thinly
Salt and pepper to taste
2 c chicken stock
2 c water
Scallions

Saute’ the garlic and yellow onion in a stock pot, with olive oil, until the onion is translucent. Add the mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes, adding salt and pepper to taste. Add the broth and water and simmer for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions and serve.
 
All photographs are actual pictures of the recipe listed, prepared by Sweet Treats 'n Good Eats, and cannot be used without the owner’s consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment