Friday, February 3, 2012

Orange Whole Grain Buttermilk Pancakes


Is anybody working during the day anymore? I called myself beating the SuperBowl shoppers and stealing a few minutes during my lunch hour to go to Wally World to get some groceries for the weekend and it was packed! Inevitably, I always run into someone I know at Walmart. And today, I saw an old friend who I had not seen in ages. So all’s well that ends well.

I got back from my shopping trip and had not thought to pick up anything for lunch. So I decided to make some pancakes. These pancakes are so fragrant that I was dying for them to finish. And trust me, they did not disappoint!

Orange Whole Grain Buttermilk Pancakes

2 eggs
2 c buttermilk
1/4 c safflower oil  (or 4 tbsp butter)
2 tsp grated orange zest
1 c all purpose flour (or spelt flour)
1 c white whole wheat flour (or whole grain pastry flour)
2 tbsp sugar (or 2 packets stevia)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla
Dash of Grand Marnier liqueur

Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Slowly incorporate them together. Do not over mix.


Preheat griddle or cast iron pan. Brush with butter. Ladle batter onto griddle or into pan. Cook on the first side until bubbles form and begin to pop. Flip the pancake and cook until golden brown. Keep cooked pancakes warm until ready to serve, in a 200 degree oven.

All photographs are actual pictures of the recipe listed, prepared by Sweet Treats 'n Good Eats, and cannot be used without the owner’s consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment